Here’s a selection of Marsa Matruh Excursions offered by Thomson Holidays from the Jaz hotels in the resort – Please note that actual availability and offers will change from time to time and this guide is provided as examples only.
- Full day trip to Cairo – Includes The Pyramids & Sphynx, The Egyptian Museum with Tutankhamen’s gold mask and coffin, Cairo Citadel and finishes off with The Mohamed Ali Mosque before heading back.
- Full day trip to Alexandria – Includes lunch, transfer and guide in this fascinating, historic city and one time capital of Egypt founded by Alexander The Great.
- Two day trip to Cairo & Alexandria – Includes one night in Cairo hotel with evening meal and breakfast.
- El Alamein Half Day Trip – Includes visit to The Military Museum & battlefield Cemetery.
- Local Delights Evening Trip – This excursion starts with a trip to Ah Agab Beach – this beautiful white sandy beach nestled between two cliffs boasts a beautiful landscape with natural caves. Then there is Rommel’s Bunker.
During the Second World War, Rommel retreated into the bunker carved into the rock here to plan his battles. It overlooks the beach where The Rommel museum traces the battles. Before a trip to the local market for haggling practice there is a stop at Cleopatra’s rock where Cleopatra is said to have actually bathed.